The Surety Account Manager is responsible for handling all aspects of service within an assigned book of business. This position works effectively with all members of the sales and client relations team to provide a high level of client satisfaction. This position is also responsible for carrying the organization’s reputation and professional manner of conducting business into dealing with colleagues, customers, clients and carriers in accordance with the Core Values of Accountability, Balance, Excellence, Integrity and Respect.
Standards of Performance
- Actively supports and incorporates company mission and core values into daily activities.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and continually leads by example
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with fellow colleagues.
- Works as a team member to achieve profit center goals and overall company goals.
- Demonstrates positive customer service skills, internally and externally, with effective communication, respect, and integrity.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information related to clients, customers, colleagues, carriers, or as appropriate, other information.
- Is dependable and consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position
- Handle all incoming service requests from client and carrier sources.
- Process, maintain and prepare new and renewal accounts for marketing, placement and delivery.
- Handle contract review and perform financial statement and work in process analysis.
- Prepare all bond documents in a thorough and accurate manner including document review and bond approval.
- Support growth of business including participating in maintenance of pipeline
- Update and maintain client information in the agency management system(s) accurately and efficiently.
Collaborate with colleagues to identify and act on cross sell opportunities with existing clients within the organization.
Adhere to and comply with organization policies and procedures, sales and service standards and established workflows.
Demonstrate effective and efficient quality control through proper file documentation and maintenance to comply with organization error and omission standards.
Maintain a concern for timeliness, accuracy and completeness when interacting with customers, clients, colleagues and carrie
Handle independently or work closely with designated sales and client relations team to ensure customer service needs are addressed in effective and efficient manne
Actively participate in organization initiatives and support core values including community involvement.
Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities
- You’re ready to throw all stereotypes of “insurance”out the window and love your job.
- You’re smart.You understand business and people.
- You’re good with people,even on the tough days. Good customer service is just part of who you are, and you love making people happy.
- Team oriented.You maintain positive relationships with your colleagues—and you enjoy it.
- Leadership skills.You actually walk the walk. You lead by example.
- You’re that person everyone can depend on—to pay attention to details, to make deadlines, to be accurate and complete when interacting with clients, colleagues and carriers.
- You love to learn.You’re earnest about improving and pursuing professional development.
- You can adapt—because our industry changes constantly and so do the needs of our clients. You’re good at staying on your toes.
- You’re ready for a meaningful change. No more corporate vanilla structure for you. (Yes, an insurance company really just said that.)
- You embrace our core values:accountability, balance, excellence, integrity and respect.
College degree and/or 3+ years equivalent business or insurance experience. Applicable current state insurance licensure.
Automation knowledge and skills.