The Select Insurance Support Specialist is responsible for handling processing tasks within an assigned book of business and assisting in the overall delivery of quality service. This position works effectively with all members of the sales and service team to provide a high level of customer satisfaction. This position is also responsible for carrying the organization’s reputation and professional manner of conducting business into dealing with colleagues, customers and carriers in accordance with the Core Values of Accountability, Balance, Excellence, Integrity and Respect.
Standards of Performance
- Actively supports and incorporates company mission and core values into daily activities.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and continually leads by example.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with fellow colleagues.
- Works as a team member to achieve profit center goals and overall company goals.
- Demonstrates positive customer service skills, internally and externally, with effective communication, respect, and integrity.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information related to clients, customers, colleagues, carriers, or as appropriate, other information.
- Is dependable and consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of the position.
- Work closely with the sales and service teams to ensure internal customer service needs are addressed in effective and efficient manner.
- Assist with processing and maintaining accounts for changes, remarketing, policy check-in, and other processes per the established guidelines.
- Update and maintain customer information in the agency management system accurately and efficiently.
- Adhere to and comply with organization policies and procedures, sales and service standards and established workflows
- Demonstrate effective and efficient quality control through proper file documentation and maintenance to comply with organization error and omission standards
- Maintain a concern for timeliness, accuracy and completeness when interacting with colleagues and carriers.
- Actively participate in organization initiatives and support core values including community involvement.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities
High School Diploma or equivalent experience
Applicable current state insurance licensure
Automation knowledge and skills
Physical Demands/Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to see, hear, and project voice well enough without amplification.
- There is frequent need for the employee to stand, sit, walk, repetitive small motor activity, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; to stoop, kneel, crouch, and to ascend and descend stairs.
- This position requires a high energy level and ability to handle stress-related situations on a daily basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
- High-pressured fast paced environment with significant disruption.
- Occasional travel may be required.
This position description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs arise, or as required. This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this position description. All requirements may be modified to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members reasonably.