PayneWest is looking for a dynamic and innovative Senior Accountant with a strong desire to learn, grow professionally and lead change. This individual will be able to think strategically, follow public accounting standards, and be able to drive business-critical insights through analyses of accounting and financial reporting.
Our ideal candidate will be fluent in various accounting automation systems including CPM software (Prophix preferred) and be driven by the challenge of navigating through complex problems, identifying trends, and interpreting financial data.
At PayneWest, we will give you access to mentorship, training, resources, and development to ensure your success but you will need to supply the ambition. Our colleagues don’t stop short of excellence and are driven to do what’s best for their clients and colleagues.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Play an active role on the Accounting Leadership Team.
- Develop and maintain financial models to inform leadership’s outlook on the business.
- Identify financial and operational KPIs and collaborate with Software Developers to convert the data into dashboards to drive performance accountability throughout the organization.
- Formulate and conduct ad hoc financial, operational and strategic analyses to drive fact-based decision making around topics as they arise
- Assist with designing and implementing accounting practices that meet internal and external audit standards.
- Design and establish system enhancement requests and maintain and alter existing systems for the improvement of workflows and collection and classification of accounting, statistical, and financial data.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports and performs variance analysis to inform senior leadership of key drivers behind the results.
- Provide assistance with the accurate and timely completion of month end processes, audit preparation, and financial statement completion.
- Maintain accounting controls over assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses.
- Perform account reconciliation and analysis.
- Assist and support cross functional projects as necessary.
THE PERSON WE’RE SEARCHING FOR
- You’re an Accounting genius. You understand business, people and technology. You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited university and have at least 5 years of experience working in the field of Accounting. We would also prefer that you are a CPA, but it’s not required!
- You DO sweat the small stuff. You’re analytical, detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- You’re tech savvy. You realize the crucial role that technology and data play in the financial world and you embrace it.
- You’re good with people, even on the tough days. Good client service is just part of who you are, and you love making people happy.
- Team oriented. You maintain positive relationships with your colleagues—and you enjoy it.
- Leadership skills. You actually walk the walk. You lead by example.
- You’re that person everyone can depend on—to make deadlines and to be accurate and complete.
- You love to learn. You’re earnest about improving and pursuing professional development.
- You embrace our core values: accountability, balance, excellence, integrity and respect
A competitive compensation package, a potential for profit sharing and a benefits package that includes paid paternity/maternity leave, medical leave and paid time off to volunteer within the community. Also- we’re committed to a diverse workplace and a good work-life balance and offer a great career path with room for growth. We take pride in providing our colleagues with opportunities for career growth across all lines of business and function.
We think we’ve developed a pretty great work culture. We got to where we are today through collaboration, innovation, and an unwavering commitment to doing what’s right. We strive for continuous improvement and excellence in our industry and our communities. We respect quality of life and nurture a balanced personal and professional environment. We treat our clients, colleagues and communities with fairness, decency and good citizenship.