PayneWest is looking for a highly collaborative, passionate and forward-thinking Managing Director of Technology (MDT).
As a vital member of our leadership team, the MDT will collaborate cross-functionally to build and execute our IT vision and strategy in support of our overall objectives. We’re looking for a tech-guru who’s passionate about leading-edge technology, identifying opportunities to do things better, and inspiring our colleagues to innovate and stay ahead of the competition. Technology is a critical part of who we are and the MDT will be our chief subject matter expert; driving business-critical insights and responding with agility to changing objectives and industry trends.
Our ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic supporter of our awesome culture because of their commitment to our 3Cs (clients, colleagues, and communities) and will exemplify leadership by embodying our core values of accountability, balance, excellence, integrity and respect.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as a trusted advisor; build and maintain relationships with the executive team and the leaders of each department.
- Set the mission and vision of the IT strategy to align with the PayneWest culture and ensure its integration with the overall business plan and operational initiatives.
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of highly talented and efficient IT professionals.
- Develop and implement ways to increase efficiency and productivity through an enhanced understanding of PayneWest’ s business processes, roles and responsibilities.
- Maintain a current understanding of new technologies and platforms and provide direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated and introduced within PayneWest to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the overall business strategy.
- Research and anticipate external opportunities and threats, and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning.
- Develop and control the annual operating budget for IT ensuring spending remains within plan and conduct semi-annual re-forecasting.
- Direct and establish IT policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources.
- Oversee the selection and maintenance of IT systems and provide executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Actively participate as a leader in company initiatives and support our core values; including but not limited to driving and promoting community involvement of others.
The person we’re searching for:
- You’re a tech genius. You have a deep understanding of business and technology and how to employ them to drive business objectives and results.
- You’ve got the experience. You have at least 10 years of experience in a technology-related leadership role and hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in information technology, computer science, or a related field.
- You’re strategic yet influential. You can create and communicate a compelling vision for technology- a vision that is believable and encourages others to buy-in and follow.
- Team oriented. You maintain positive relationships with your colleagues—and you enjoy it. You inspire and motivate people by promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
- You DO sweat the small stuff. You’re analytical, detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- Leadership skills. You actually walk the walk. You lead by example.
- You’re that person everyone can depend on—to make deadlines and to be accurate and complete.
- You love to learn. You’re earnest about improving and pursuing professional development.
- You embrace our core values: accountability, balance, excellence, integrity and respect