The Training Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing an on-going training program for all colleagues. This position works to ensure that all colleagues are receiving proper system and procedures and workflow training to maximize utilization of information systems. This position is responsible for verifying that procedures are followed and databases are maintained in accordance with agency standards for accuracy and reliability. This position is also responsible for carrying the organization’s reputation and professional manner of conducting business into dealing with colleagues, customers, clients and carriers in accordance with the Core Values of Accountability, Balance, Excellence, Integrity and Respect.
Standards of Performance
- Actively supports and incorporates company mission and core values into daily activities.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and continually leads by example.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with fellow colleagues.
- Works as a team member to achieve profit center goals and overall company goals.
- Demonstrates positive customer service skills, internally and externally, with effective communication, respect, and integrity.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information related to clients, customers, colleagues, carriers, or as appropriate, other information.
- Is dependable and consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of the position.
- Develop a system and procedures and workflow training curriculum for all colleagues to ensure high quality service and compliance to agency standards. Continuously refine curriculum and standards to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Develop a training curriculum for all new colleagues. Monitor each colleague’s progress as they move through the curriculum.
- Monitor colleague data entry, procedures and workflow in conjunction with the Client Relations Directors to ensure standards are met.
- Conduct periodic assessment of each user’s abilities in the use of the automation system and procedures and workflow and develop appropriate supplemental training.
- Assist in creating and maintaining procedures and workflow manuals and training programs.
- Provide follow-up training to new and existing colleagues incorporating automation with procedures and workflow.
- Train, coordinate and follow up with colleagues training initiatives as needed
- Run reports for users and managers as needed to provide information on cancellations, renewal lists, transactions and workflow.
- Perform periodic quality reviews as requested.
- Enter and maintain maintenance codes for the automation system to keep items current.
- Stay current on improvements in insurance agency automation software.
- Provide support to the service teams as needed.
- Actively participate in organization initiatives and support core values including community involvement.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities
Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
Thorough understanding of automation system(s) and agency workflows and processes.
Ability to motivate system users.
Two years of insurance agency experience.
Physical Demands/Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The colleague is regularly required to see, hear, and project voice well enough without amplification.
- There is frequent need for the colleague to stand, sit, walk, repetitive small motor activity, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms.
- The colleague is occasionally required to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; to stoop, kneel, crouch, and to ascend and descend stairs.
- This position requires a high energy level and ability to handle stress-related situations on a daily basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
- Multiple locations with extensive travel (50%) required including travel in adverse weather conditions.
- High-pressured fast paced environment with significant disruption.